So, after almost a year of planning, this is actually happening. Next week, in fact. I'm pretty much beside myself with fear/excitement. The idea of going on a big road trip has always appealed to me, but I always thought it'd be down the East Coast of Australia, not the Southern States of America.
- After driving across Texas, we're spending three days in Austin, the live music capital of the world. Even better, we're staying in an ultra kitschy motel on South Congress Avenue (the mecca of all things yummy and weird - think doughnuts the size of your face topped with bacon and maple syrup. Aw yeah).
- Next stop is New Orleans, one of my favourite places in the world. Last time I was there I basically experienced every cliche in the book and it was awesome.
- Panama City Beach 2012! Spring Break! Party! (Not really).
- Orlando, aka The Happiest Place on Earth. There will be tears of joy.
- After spending a week at Disney World and Universal, we're heading north to Atlanta, with lots of stops along the way, including St Augustine (the oldest European settlement in the United States).
- Jack Daniels Distillery, Shelbyville, BBBQ, Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry.
- Memphis. Nuff said really.
I can't wait to see Will again. Eight weeks is too long.